Since I’m not out of college and no longer have to read a specific list of books, I thought I’d share the books that I read for fun this year. It isn’t a long list, but here they are, and I enjoyed each and everyone of them.
In no particular order:
- Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
- Female Chauvinist Pigs: Women and the Rise of Raunch Culture by Ariel Levy
- The Color Master by Aimee Bender
- My Sunshine Away by M.O. Walsh
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng*
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling**
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven***
- Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit
- Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain****
* One of Favorite Books Ever
** Love Harry Potter. Always.
*** Intense, beautiful, insightful, and absolutely heart wrenching. May not be best read for persons with severe depression or bipolarity.
**** A must read for any introvert, business person, educator, etc. Wonderful studies, incredibly insightful.
Here’s to more great reads in 2017!